System had two disks c1t0d0 and c1t1d0, so first break mirror and remove disk c1t1d0 from disk group.
1. # vxplex -g rootdg dis rootvol-02 swapvol-02 home-02
2. # vxdg -g rootdg -k rmdisk rootdg02
3. Create a file autoreg with entry “auto_reg=disable”
4. Modify vxlustart script and mention auto registration disable by putting –k /tmp/autoreg into command running luupgrade otherwise it will fail.
5. ./vxlustart -u 5.10 -d c1t1d0s2 -g rootdg -s /cdrom
6. ./vxlufinish –u 5.10 –g <new root disk group name>
7. shutdown –y –g0 –i6
8. After few reboots system will come up with new Boot environment, mirror the rootdisk and remove old rootdg.